martes, 20 de abril de 2010

LIght of the day...20th April

Many times have I pondered and thought about the privilege of living a "righteous" or holy life, however i believe that today a new insight came into my soul or spirit. A new revelation that indeed makes all the difference.
It all started as I learnt that for the Jews the meaning of a fruitful life is having a life full of righteous acts, a person becomes more like Jesus as he produces this kind of fruits = righteous deeds...and so it dawned on me, to be like him is to love, is to give to the poor, is to visit the needed, is to let your light shine on both good people and bad people. Of course i knew this, always, since the beginning...and yet it was never that clear....
How i wish to step into the next level, the level where i can say...I'm living this!
Having this on mind, it crystal clear that there is not better way of imitating Christ than giving it all for Him, for God. Yes, he did it for me, but he also did it for God....in going to the cross Jesus fulfilled the entire Torah: To love God with all you got and your brethren as yourself.
Help me God to delve into your deep waters, water of righteousness....

All this makes me think about my beginnings with God and how much i was willing to give up for him, yes, many thing have changed in my life, all of them proof of his love for me and the understanding of that love. However, as years have passed by, I haven't matured that much, the small things have started to get more difficult to transform...or have i settle for less??
I pray that is not me, but you in me...you through me...YOUR LOVE FREES ME TO LIVE A LIFE OF SURRENDER....

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario