Daniel was brought up in Jerusalem, The city of God. The city where His manifest presence was felt, where many devout and righteous Jews would serve God wholehearted and also, the place that hosted many sinners.
Daniel was royalty, and as such I guess He would have enjoyed some prestige among his people. Up until the moment that Jerusalem was besieged, Daniel had it all; a promising future, a full life.
Then, out of the blue He was carried away to Babylon. Now, he was a prisoner, and had nothing on his hands, not even His life belong to him. Fear must have crawled up and wrapped his heart. Often times, he had heard the stories when Israel was in bondage in Egypt. He knew what the future was going to look like; suffering and the despair were just around the corner.....He had to make a choice at that moment: Was he going to dwell in that pain, living on the "what if" or for once, was He going to really rely on that God that took them out of the very same place that the enemy was leading them to?? He did it once, could He do it again??
QUESTION: I can not count how many times have i asked God to tear down all the walls that I have built inside of me that no longer allow me to believe 100% in Him. However, when God touches one of those walls, I cry out and plead for mercy and hope, I dont want them to crumble. The pain is too much, my faith too little and my strength too weak to remain still. This is the time of GRACE, this is where the brick house is being built!... We must endure and we must praise!! praise!! always praise!!!!! Cause in him we do have the victory...and it all comes down to a decision. Like Daniel we must shout out to the enemy: I have DETERMINED MYSELF!! I WILL ONLY SERVE ONE GOD, I WILL ONLY BELIVE AND WAIT ON HIM!!! HE IS JUST ANSWERING MY PRAYER, THAT I WILL ONLY DELIGHT ON HIM.
I thank God for Daniel's life. Maybe in the external, in the appearances, He had it all back in Jerusalem...but Im not so sure we would have had Him the same way He did.....after all, it was God himself that delivered them to the Babylonians...I PRAISE YOU MY LORD, I PRAISE YOU MY LORD. And I'm sorry for just showing pity to others rather than letting them know how TRUTHFUL AND FAITHFUL YOU ARE !!!
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario